Corporate Walk Team Tips
Ready. Set. Go! It’s time to plan for the 2010 Walk for the Cure and here are some great tips to help you get your Corporate team ready!
1) Set Goals… Setting a goal is easy!
(Number of Employees) x (20% – 50% participation) x $100 average for each walker = Your fundraising goal!
Example: 500 employees x 30% x $100 = $15,000 fundraising goal.
Begin recruiting team captains
- Recruit 1 Team Captain for every $1,000 goaled! If your goal is $5,000 – recruit at least 5 Team Captains!
- Want to make it really easy to recruit Team Captains??? Recruit 1 Team Captain from each department and/or Recruit 1 Team Captain from each floor of your building.
- Multiple locations? Recruit a Team Captain from each location!
Spread the word!
- Send an email or memo inviting everyone to attend the Walk with their family.
- Have Team Captains canvass their department to sign-up walkers.
- Have your CEO send out a voicemail or email to all employees encouraging them to participate..
.Announce a competition between departments
.Have the losing departments:
- Bring snacks to the winning team
- Valet park the winning teams cars in the cold, winter months
- Serve lunch to the winning team
.Design a team t-shirt!
Hold a team t-shirt design contest, and make it a bold color that will get noticed at the Walk. Give one to everyone on your Walk Team..
4) Schedule your internal kick-off!
.Contact Dolores Johnson at JDRF to set a date, time & location (firstname.lastname@example.org or (214) 764-6770)
- 10-15 minute presentation – JDRF does all the work!
- Show the Walk Video & Sign up walkers.
- Make it fun – incorporate this year’s Texas Theme by having people dress up!