JDRF Friend, Chris Barnes, Wins PBA World Championship! Join the Barnes Family & Friends and help STRIKE out Diabetes!
JDRF Friend, Chris Barnes, defeated top qualifier Bill O’Neill of Southampton, Pa., 267-237, to win the Professional Bowlers Association World Championship at South Point Bowling Center on Saturday, January 15, 2011 in Las Vegas, NV. This win makes Barnes the sixth player in PBA history to complete the sport’s Triple Crown, also including the 2005 U.S. Open and the 2006 PBA Tournament of Champions. The only other Triple Crown winners are Billy Hardwick, Johnny Petraglia, Pete Weber, Mike Aulby and Norm Duke – all PBA Hall of Famers.
Read more about Chris Barnes on PBA News.
Chris Barnes lives in the Dallas area with his wife, Lynda Barnes, and their twin boys, Troy and Ryan. In 2008, Troy was suddenly diagnosed with type 1 diabetes.
In support of diabetes research and JDRF, the second annual Barnes Family and Friends STRIKE out Diabetes Event will be held on Saturday, June 4 at AMF Lewisville Lanes. Lane reservations and online registration are now open and available on the JDRF STRIKE out Diabetes Website.
Get involved in STRIKE out Diabetes and help JDRF’s mission to find a cure for type 1 diabetes!
Reserve your lane today for only $300! Limited availability, so reserve your lane early!
Lanes sold out early last year, so be sure to register soon and guarantee your team a spot with the Lane Reservation Form. First come, first serve!
Lane sponsors will receive the following: signage and logo placement in the bowling center and logo placement on the event t-shirts, program and website. Please know that your donation is tax-deductible.
Each lane will have 5 bowlers and each participant is requested to raise a minimum of $100 for JDRF. Each bowler raising $100 will receive an event t-shirt and one prize ticket. For every additional $25 raised, another prize ticket will be received.
Participating is EASY! Here’s how…
1. Reserve your lane by submitting your Lane Reservation Form by fax or mail. Availability is limited!!!
2. Register your team online. Each lane will have 5 bowlers. Each bowler is requested to raise a minimum of $100. (Important: You must reserve your lane before registering online)
3. When you register, you will receive your own online fundraising page. Share this page with your friends and family so they can make a donation (ask 10 people for $10 to reach your $100 goal)!
4. Checks and cash are also accepted! All donation checks should be made out to JDRF and turned in the day of the event by using the Donation Collection Form.
5. Be ready to have a GREAT TIME!
To learn more about the JDRF Dallas chapter, visit our JDRF Dallas website!