Fundraise for JDRF Walk to Cure with Facebook
Did you know that you can raise money for this year’s Walk to Cure Diabetes through Facebook? Once you download the Walk to Cure Diabetes Facebook application, you’ll be able to spread the word and raise money to help reach your fundraising goal directly through Facebook!
Follow these simple instructions to download the Facebook application and start fundraising today!
- Log in to your JDRF Walk to Cure Diabetes Participant Center.
- Click on the “Fundraise with Facebook” button on the bottom right hand side of your Participant Center page. This will connect you directly to your Facebook account.
- Facebook will prompt you to download the application. Select “Allow” to continue.
- That’s it. You’ve downloaded the free Facebook application.
The Facebook application will allow you to:
- Donate your profile picture to our JDRF Walk sneaker. This is a fun, impactful and easy way to remind all your friends on Facebook that you’re participating and raising money to help support JDRF.
- Post a news feed to get the word out and make it easier than ever for your friends to support you with a donation. Your friends can click directly on the link in your status update and donate to your efforts!
- Share your personal story on why you are walking through your news feed as well as with others participating in the Walk to Cure Diabetes.
- Track your fundraising progress. Your fundraising badge includes a thermometer that keeps track of your fundraising progress, and provides an easy way to check your real time fundraising status on Facebook.
Thank you again for your participation in this year’s Walk to Cure Diabetes. We hope you’ll take advantage of all the exciting new features on your Facebook application to take your fundraising to the next level!
For step-by-step picture and assistance or questions about this app, please check out the Boundless Fundraising Quick Reference Guide.
Social Networking Links
Did you know that you can send an update for your favorite social networking site directly from your Participant Center? Find out how!
Get more tips and answers to your questions by checking out the Walk Resources on the JDRF Dallas Walk Website.
2011 Walk to Cure Diabetes
Date: Saturday, September 24, 2011
Check-In Time: 7:30am
Walk Start Time: 9:00am
One Walk… Two Great Locations! Register TODAY by clicking below:
Diabetes Connect Vendor Fair
Join us for this FREE event for families, children, teens & adults living with diabetes. The Diabetes Connect Vendor Fair will feature adult T1 and parent workshops, ice skating, a DJ, balloon artist, great resources and info from JDRF and the latest diabetes products and technology! Learn more at the JDRF Dallas Diabetes Connect Vendor Fair webpage.
Date: Saturday, August 20th, 2011
Time: 9 am – 12 noon
Location: Dr Pepper Star Center Farmers Branch
Address: 12700 N. Stemmons Freeway, Farmers Branch, TX 75234
To learn more about the JDRF Dallas chapter, visit our JDRF Dallas website!